8 Hot Digital Marketing Trends to Watch for in 2023
As we move into the new year, it’s time to start thinking about the latest digital marketing trends. What will the next year bring? Which trends should you be on the lookout for? It’s exciting but also confusing. I get that.
That’s why I am continuously tracking trends, testing things out in my own business, and making sure the team and I are on top of what’s hot and what’s not. Keep an eye on these trends, and you’ll be ahead of the curve. Here are eight of the hottest digital marketing trends to watch for in 2023:
In 2022 we definitely saw a rise in Influencer marketing, and the trend will continue to grow in 2023. Influencer marketing, which used to be the domain of only a few marketers, has now taken over as the go-to strategy for pretty much every business with an online presence. Companies that collaborate with influencers can see great returns on their investment through increased sales and brand awareness.
Developing long-term or multiple influencer relationships will be beneficial to your marketing strategy. Influencers have a large following and the ability to create content that can be used in your marketing campaigns. They are also trusted by their followers and therefore are an excellent way to reach audiences.
Businesses should be careful, however, when choosing who they want to work with as an influencer. Marketers can fail with this type of marketing because the individual has a different audience or reach than expected and thus would not benefit the brand.
Pro Tip: To find an influencer, you can use tools such as Sideqik to vet and hire for your brand.
Chatbots will become more sophisticated
Chatbots simulate human conversation and are commonly used to provide customer support or promote a product or service. In 2023, chatbots will become more sophisticated and realistic, making them even more useful for businesses.
As chatbots become more lifelike, they’ll be able to handle more complex tasks and queries. This will free up human customer service representatives to deal with more difficult issues and also fill the need for instant response, interactivity, and human gratification.
Live streaming will continue to grow in popularity
Live streaming is growing in popularity due to the rise of social media platforms like TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram, which feature live video content. In 2023, live streaming will become even more popular as more businesses use it to reach their target audiences and Millennials.
In 2021, consumers spent 548 billion hours streaming content through mobile devices. Influencer marketing becomes even more effective when combined with live streaming, allowing potential customers to engage directly with influencers who discuss and demonstrate products firsthand.
Personalized marketing will become more important
In 2023, personalization will be more important than ever in marketing efforts as businesses compete for customers’ attention. With so much competition, customers are increasingly demanding personalized experiences. In response to these demands, businesses will need to collect data on their customers and use it—rather than the same old coupons or one-size-fits-all sales pitches—to create customized marketing campaigns.
Marketers will need to adapt quickly in order to remain relevant. In 2023, it won’t be enough for marketers to simply create effective campaigns; they’ll also need to ensure that their content is timely and relevant. In order to do this, businesses will need to incorporate AI-driven marketing platforms into their strategies so that they can automatically adapt their content based on real-time data about their customer’s preferences and behavior, making a personalized experience.
In 2022, we saw a rise in brands making their mark on social responsibility. This trend will continue to grow as more companies become aware of the impact they have on the world around them and how they can help improve it.
One study reports that over half of U.S. consumers now include values in their purchase choices, and 66% are willing to pay more for goods from brands that demonstrate social commitment.
Improved User Experience
The design and user experience of your website or app can be the differentiating factor between attracting customers and failing to get traction. Keep things simple with an intuitive navigation system—and don’t overwhelm users with too much information on the main landing pages. It is increasingly important to optimize your website for mobile since more than half of users worldwide use their phones to browse the web.
The current trend in user experience design includes:
- Minimalism and “blanding”—the practice of designing Web sites without the usual banner ads and pop-ups—are on the rise
- Voice-activated interfaces, think of Alexa and Siri’s ability
- Animated elements to add intrigue and interactive opportunities
- “Scrollytelling”: the form of storytelling in which the story unfolds as users scroll down a page
- Increase of video content
User Generated Content
User-generated content (UGC) is one of the most important aspects of today’s digital world. Unlike traditional ads or branded content that marketers create and distribute, UGC is created by consumers rather than brands/companies (TikTok trends vs. #OOTD posts). Some brands have taken advantage of user-generated content by creating their own unboxing videos, makeup reviews, hashtags for branded photos, and more.
Because user-generated content allows your brand to be seen by new audiences and creates a more personal connection with current customers, this tactic can take authenticity to the next level. In fact, consumers are more likely to trust user-generated content than that created by brands. Proving that now’s the time to prioritize authenticity in your marketing strategy.
Digital Marketing Outsourcing Soars
Every business, no matter how large or small, can benefit from outsourcing. No company wants to be held back by opportunities because they don’t have enough resources in-house. So they find the right people who are capable of handling those tasks and bring them onto the team instead.
If you are needing more help with marketing, why not outsource the help of digital marketing agencies? For small businesses and start-ups that lack expertise in this area, outsourcing could be a make-or-break opportunity to gain traction over their competitors or fade into obscurity.
Expert Resource: How to Use Our Digital Marketing Team to Grow Your Business & Get Your Life Back Workbook
So What Did We Learn?
- Influencer relationships: Companies that collaborate with influencers can see great returns on their investment through increased sales and brand awareness.
- Chatbots will become more sophisticated: In 2023, chatbots will become more sophisticated and realistic, making them even more useful for businesses.
- Live streaming will become more popular: In 2023, live streaming will become even more popular as more businesses use it to reach their target audiences and Millennials.
- Personalized marketing: Personalization will be more important than ever in marketing efforts as businesses compete for customers’ attention.
- Social Responsibility: 66% are willing to pay more for goods from brands that demonstrate social commitment.
- Improve UX: The design and user experience of your website or app can be the differentiating factor. Between attracting customers and failing to get traction.
- UGC Content: User-generated content (UGC) is one of the most important aspects of today’s digital world.
- Digital Marketing Outsourced: For small businesses and start-ups that lack expertise in this area, outsourcing could be a make-or-break opportunity to gain traction over their competitors or fade into obscurity.
Get ready for Q4 and be prepared for 2023 with success. Schedule a call with me today.
Links for this episode:
- How to Use Our Digital Marketing Team to Grow Your Business & Get Your Life Back!
- Schedule a free call with Jennie today!
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
If you like what you hear on the podcast, please consider rating and reviewing my show! Woo Hoo! Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” I would love to hear what episodes you enjoy the most!
Next, if you haven’t done so already, please subscribe to the podcast. I’ll be adding new content weekly, if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Subscribe now!
Leave a Comment